Mr. Jagath Chaminda Edirisinghe
Department of Agribusiness Management, Faculty of Agriculture and Plantation Management, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka
Address : Makandura, Gonawila (NWP), Sri Lanka
SANDEE Publications :
- Disrtibutional Impacts of Climate Change on Smallholder Agriculture (Ongoing Research Project)
- Edirisinghe, J., S. Siriwardana, S. Siriwardana and P. Prasandith (2008), 'Can Tax Combat Pollution? An Assessment of the Sri Lankan Rubber Industry,' SANDEE Policy Brief No. 29 - 08
- Edirisinghe, J., S. Siriwardana, S. Siriwardana and P. Prasandith (2008), 'Taxing the Pollution: A Case for Reducing the Environmental Impacts of Rubber Production in Sri Lanka', SANDEE Working Paper No. 30 - 08
Other Publications :
- Edirisinghe, J. C. (2015), 'Smallholder farmers' household wealth and livelihood choices in developing countries: A Sri Lankan case study', Economic Analysis and Policy, Vol. 45.DOI: 10.1016/j.eap.2015.01.001
- Edirisinghe, J. C. (2014). Taxing the Pollution: A Case for Reducing the Environmental Impacts of Rubber Production in Sri Lanka.Journal of South Asian Development, 9(1), 71-90.
- Kuruppu, I. V., J. C. Edirisinghe, H. M. L. K. Herath, U. K. Jayasinghe-Mudalige, W. Wijesuriya, J. M. M. Udugama and A. P. S. Fernando (2015), "Farmers' Valuation of Agro-Biodiversity in Home Gardens: Case Study in the Kurunegala District", Journal of Environmental Professionals Sri Lanka, 4(1): 72 - 83.
- Ranasinghe, H. R. A. L. N., Lokuge, L. D. M. N., Edirisinghe, J.C., Bandara, L., (2015) Water Treatment, Preventive Measures and the Chronic Kidney Disease in the Farming Community in Sri Lanka. The Journal of Agricultural Scicences Vol 10 (2) pp98-108
- Jayawardane, C., & Edirisinghe, J. C. (2014). Environmental Stringency and Dirty Exports: an Empirical Analysis. International Journal of Economic Practices and Theories, 4(6), 1018-1023.
- Edirisinghe, J.C., and Wijesuriya, W., (2014) Spatial Relationships in Choosing to Conserve Soil in Smallholder Rubber Farming. Journal of Environmental Professionals of Sri Lanka, Vol 3 No. 1 pp. 22-29
- Waduge, T. D., Edirisinghe, J.C., Fernando, A. P. S., Herath, H. M. L. K., & Jayasinghe-Mudalige, U. K.(2014) Labour and Weather Related Risks in Smallholder Rubber Production: Evidence From Kalutara District. Tropical Agricultural Research and Extension, 16(3), pp 87-91
- Hasanthika, W.K.A.M.A., Edirisinghe, J.C., and Rajapakshe, R.D.D.P. (2013) Climate Variability, Risk and Paddy Production, Journal of Environmental Professionals of Sri Lanka, Vol 2 No. 2 pp. 57-65
- Edirisinghe, J.C. (2012) Community pressure and environmental compliance: Case of rubber processing in Sri Lanka. Journal of Environmental Professionals Sri Lanka 1(1)
Current Research Area/ Interests : Environmental and Resource Economics
Agricultural and Food Economics
Bayesian analysis of Economic problems related to agriculture and the environment