Ms. Rucha Ghate
Senior Governance and NRM Specialist
International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
Address : Khumaltar, Lalitpur, Nepal
SANDEE Grant Period: 12-06-2001 to 24-07-2005, 06-11-2007 to 06-11-2009
SANDEE Publications :
- Ghate,R., S.Ghate, E.Ostrom (2011), 'Indigenous Communities, Cooperation, and Communication: Taking Experiments to the Field', SANDEE Working Paper No.64 -11
- Shyamsundar,P. and R.Ghate (2011), 'Rights, Responsibilites and Resources: Examining Community Forestry in South Asia', SANDEE Working Paper No. 59-11
- Ghate, R. and P. Shyamsundar (2011), 'Is Community Forest Management Good for the Environment and the Poor? A Review', SANDEE Policy Brief No. 54 -11
- Ghate,R.(2010), 'Joint Forest Management, Role of Communication, and Harvesting Behaviour: Evidence from Field Experiments in India, SANDEE Working Paper No. 53-10
- Ghate, R. (2010), 'Community Management is Good for Forests: Results from a Field Experiment in India', SANDEE Policy Brief No. 48-10
- Ghate, R. ( 2004), 'Participatory Forest Management: Collective Action Under Three Different Institutional Regimes', SANDEE Policy Brief No. 3-04
- Ghate, R. (2004), 'Ensuring 'Collective Action' in 'Participatory' Forest Management', SANDEE Working Paper No. 3-03
Other Publications :
- Matta, JR, R. Ghate and H. Nagendra (2013), ‘The sustainability of traditional community forest management systems: Lessons from India.' Unasylva, 64(1): 50-56
- Ghate, R, S. Ghate and E. Ostrom (2013), ‘Cultural norms, cooperation, and communication: Taking experiments to the field in indigenous communities,' International Journal of the Commons, 7(2): 498-520
- Ghate, R., S. Ghate and E. Ostrom (2013), ‘Can Communities Plan, Grow and Sustainably Harvest from Forests?' Economic and Political Weekly, 48(8): 59-67
- Nagendra, H., R. Ghate and J. Rao (2013) ‘Governing the Commons'. Seminar, 641: 88-93
- Ghate, R., H. Nagendra and D. Mehra (2012), ‘Is JFM Really Helping Communities and Forests? Need to Focus on Institution Building?' In J. Bandhopadyay, K. Chopra, N. Ghosh (eds) Environmental Governance: Approaches, Imperatives and Methods, INSEE and Bloomsbury, New Delhi
- Ternström, A., P. Mukhopadhyay and R. Ghate (2010), 'Sustainability, autonomy, and benefits from forest commons', Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 107:E52.
- Ghate, Rucha, and Mehra, Deepshikha (2008), 'Integrating informal with formal forest management institutions for sustainable collective action in India', in Webb, E. and Shivakoti, G. (eds.) Decentralization, Forests and Rural Communities, Sage Publications: New Delhi.
- Ghate R. and H. Nagendra (2006), ‘Role of Monitoring in Institutional Performance: Forest Management in Maharashtra, India', Conservation and Society Vol. 3(2), July-December: 509-532.
- Ghate R. & D. Mehra (2004), ‘The Land on which the Forest Stands is not ours, so what? Forest Products are ours! A Study of Three Collective Action Based Forest Regimes Operating Without Land Tenure', Forests, Trees and Livelihoods 14 (2, 3, 4)
Current Research Area/ Interests : Governance of natural resources