Mr. Chandrasekhar Bahinipati
Gujarat Institute of Development Research
Address : Gota, Ahmdebad, India
SANDEE Grant Period: 15-09-2014 to 15-09-2016
SANDEE Publications : Will Climate change adaptation enhance farm productivity? A study of micro-irrigation systems (MIS) in Gujarat, India (Ongoing Research Project)
Other Publications :
- Bahinipati, C. S. and L Venkatachalam, (2015), 'What drives farmers to adopt farm-level adaptation practices to climate extremes: Empirical evidence from Odisha, India', International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, doi: 10.1016.j.ijdrr.2015.08.010.
- Bahinipati, C. S., U. Rajasekar, A. Acharya, and M. Patel, (2015), 'Flood-induced economic loss and damage to the textile industry in Surat city, India', Asian Cities Climate Resilience Working Paper Series 26, International Institute of Environment and Development, U.K.
- Bahinipati, C. S., (2015), 'Determinants of Farm-Level Adaptation Diversity to Cyclone and Flood: Insights from a Farm Household-Level Survey in Eastern India', Water Policy, 17(4): 742-761.
- Bahinipati, C. S. and U. Patnaik, (2015), 'The damages from climatic extremes in India: Do disaster specific and generic adaptation measures matter?', Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, 17(1): 157-177.
- Bahinipati, C. S. (2014), 'Assessment of vulnerability to cyclones and floods in Odisha, India: A District-level analysis', Current Science, 107(12): 1997-2007,
- Bahinipati, C. S. and L Venkatachalam, (2014), 'Role of climatic risks and socio-economic factors in influencing the economic impact of climatic extremes: A normalization study in the context of Odisha, India', Regional Environmental Change, doi: 10.1007/s10113-014-0735-4.
Current Research Area/ Interests : Climate Change Economics, Risk and Vulnerability, Loss and Damage
Natural Resource Management, Development Economics