Ms. Saudamini Das
Institute of Economic Growth (on lien from SSN College, University of Delhi)
Address : Delhi, India
SANDEE Grant Period: 22-09-2005 to 22-09-2007, 23-08-2010 to 23-08-2012
SANDEE Publications :
- Das, S. and S. C. Smith (2012), 'Do Awareness Campaigns Save Lives? Assessing the Odisha Government's Efforts to Reduce the Impacts of Heat Waves', SANDEE Policy Brief No. 64-12
- Das, S. and S. C. Smith (2012), 'Awareness as an Adaptation Strategy for Reducing Mortality from Heat Waves: Evidence from a Disaster Risk Management Program in India', SANDEE Working Paper No. 72 - 12
- Das, S. (2009), 'Can Mangroves Minimize Property Loss during Big Storms? An Analysis of House Damage due to the Super Cyclone in Orissa, SANDEE Working Paper No. 42-09
- Das, S. (2009), 'Mangroves: A Natural Defense against Cyclones: An investigation from Orissa', SANDEE Policy Brief No. 24-07
- Das, S. (2007),'Storm Protection by Mangroves in Orissa: An Analysis of the 1999 Super Cyclone', SANDEE Working Paper No. 25-07
Other Publications :
- Das, S. (2015), 'Temperature increase, labor supply and cost of adaptation in developing economies: Evidence on urban workers in informal sectors', Climate Change Economics, Vol. 6, No. 2 (2015) 1550007 (24 pages) © World Scientific Publishing Company
- Das, S. and H. Sandhu (2014), 'Role of coastal vegetation: a review of ecosystem services of Casuarina equisetifolia L. in Australia and India', Economic and Political Weekly, January 4, 2014 vol. XLIX (No. 1), pp 42-50.
- Das, S., Crépin, A.-S. (2013), 'Mangroves can provide protection against wind damage during storms, Estuarine', Coastal and Shelf Science, 134 (2013), 98-107
- Das, Saudamini and Kanchan Chopra (2012), 'Towards ‘Green Growth': Measuring the Trade-off between Conservation of Protected Areas and Hydel Power Generation', Economic and Political Weekly, Dec 22, 2012, Vol. XLVII, no 51, 59-68.
- Das, Saudamini and Stephen C. Smith (2012), 'Awareness as an Adaptation Strategy for Reducing Mortality from Heat Waves: Evidence from a Disaster Risk Management Program in India,' Climate Change Economics, Vol.3, No. 2 1250010 (29 pages)
- Das, S. (2012), 'The role of natural ecosystem and socio-economic factors in the vulnerability of coastal villages to cyclones and storm surge', Natural Hazards, Vol. 64, 531-546.
- Das, S. (2011), 'Examining the Storm Protection Services of Mangroves of Orissa during the 1999 Cyclone', Economic and Political Weekly, Vol XLVI No 24, pp 60-68.
- Vincent, J. R. and Saudamini Das (2009), 'Reply to Baird et al--Mangroves and storm protection. Getting the numbers right', Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, vol. 106, No. 40, 29 Sept.2009
- Das, S. and Jeffrey R Vincent (2009), 'Mangroves protected villages and reduced death toll during Indian Super Cyclone', Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, vol. 106, No. 18, 5th May: 7357-7360.
Current Research Area/ Interests :
Natural disaster, natural buffers
Coastal vulnerability and disaster management
Climate change, adaptation and evaluation of adaptation programs